Rayo is a new intelligent bicycle tail-light designed to increase your visibility in all riding conditions. The gadget is equipped with three multi-purpose LEDs, engineered optics, motion detection and bluetooth connectivity features.
We’ve seen other intelligent bike lights but this is one of a select few that has speed-controlled light output thanks to a three axis accelerometer and a 3-axis gyroscope. When it determines you are slowing down Rayo will automatically trigger a brake light to warn traffic and riders behind you.
The combination of three ultra bright and highly efficient LEDs, and two TIR lenses with different specifications ensures balanced visibility from all angles. At a maximum of 90 lumens with specialized optics, Rayo is also visible in the daylight.
With mobile app connectivity, you can customize the blinking patterns of each LED allowing you to create signaling options to suit your riding style and weather conditions. If you’re riding with a group, everyone can automatically sync blinking patterns without the hassle of complicated pairing procedures.
Rayo also doubles up as a theft alert device. It can notify you through the mobile app when your property is being tampered with giving you some peace of mind when leaving your bike behind.
The IP67 water-resistance gadget easily attaches to any bike with seat-posts up to 32mm in diameter. With 5 colors to choose from, it comes equipped with touch control and a rechargeable battery that runs for up to 20 hours.
- Engineered Optics. Rayo uses specifically designed total internal reflection (TIR) lenses to direct and focus light emitted by LEDs. The combination of three LEDs and two TIR lenses with different specifications enhances visibility from both the rear and the sides.
- Pattern Customization. The blinking patterns of each LED light in Rayo are user-configurable, allowing you to create the best signaling options depending on your riding style, traffic, and weather conditions. Future updates will include additional flashing patterns.
- Smart Brake. Upon braking, Rayo will detect that you are slowing down and will automatically trigger a brake light, warning traffic behind you. At the core of this feature is an algorithm that accurately tracks the movement of the bike, similar to what is integrated into modern drones.
- Group LED Synchronization. Rayo’s one-of-a-kind feature is group LED synchronization. Rayo can synchronize flashing patterns with nearby Rayo lights,making you and fellow riders stand out as a group. Synchronization takes effect without the hassle of manually pairing devices.
- Enclosure. All of Rayo’s features come sealed within an IPX4 waterproof body. A built-in USB port makes Rayo rechargeable at home, in the office, and from external power banks.
- Theft Alert. Rayo offers a theft alert feature that notifies you through the Rayo mobile app when unfamiliar movement is detected on your bike. Now, take that break without worrying about whether or not your bike is being tampered with.